First, let me say that we will never fully know and certainly not understand what went on the head of Adam Lanza.
I’ve been reading the many articles and posts about the Lanza family. Maybe I’m a little removed from the norm in our society, but it sounds to me as if a lot of things were wrong in this family. There are more than a few things that leave me puzzled, but there are some that stand out more than others:
- For the life of me, I can’t fathom why a sane person with a troubled child would have guns around the house...and so many guns, and ammunition. This just makes no sense to me.
- Where the hell was the father? I read that a friend said Nancy and the father didn’t get along but that doesn’t quite answer the question for me.
- Why did Adam have his brother’s identification and how did he get it?
- Why did he shoot his mother first?
- Why shoot the youngest kids and why only shoot women? And, why so brutally?
- It is my understanding that this was planned. Exactly what part of this was planned? Did he plan to shoot his mother and then go to the school, shoot babies and female teachers and then shoot himself?
- And was this pal she was confiding in mentally inept...if I was hearing all of this and knew my pal had all of these guns, I certainly would have contacted authorities to investigate if Nancy was unwilling to get the guns out of the house.
A lot of things just don't make any kind of sense. At the end of the day this story will be about far more than gun control and mental health. Not that those things are not important but there is more to this story…much more.